Success Favors the Prepared Mind
The opportunity—and challenge—of a lifetime, the Honors Program will teach you the management skills you need to lead, negotiate, analyze, partner with teammates, and plan successfully. It will give you the right experiences to prepare you for the real world after graduation.
While the Boston University Management Honors Program offers extraordinary preparation to students, it is not for everyone. It is for those students who want to go above and beyond—who work hard, analyze deeply, and demonstrate tremendous motivation and commitment.
By Invitation: Challenging You to Become a Leader.
Each year, the Dean of the School of Management extends invitations to a small group of students, choosing from among the very best of admitted freshmen. Sophomores who distinguished themselves during their first year at the School may also be invited to join the Program. The Boston University School of Management designed the Honors Program to transform a select group of talented students into the next generation of outstanding management leaders. Will you be among them?
An Introduction to the SMG Honors Program
Beginning in 1998, the School of Management Honors Program has invited the most academically talented freshmen and sophomores to join a program which offers unique and challenging opportunities.
The goals of the program are:
- to offer students an extraordinary opportunity to create, innovate, and make a difference in the world around them
- to offer through specialized colloquia and seminars an opportunity to work closely with leading faculty
- to promote additional skills in management research, analytical reasoning, and written communication that complement the professional courses in management as well as the solid grounding in the liberal arts
- to promote the idea that through community service each student can impact his or her environment in a positive and responsible way
- to foster a sense of community which will likely lead to life-long friendships and partnerships for future ventures