Your Degree Advice Report on the Student Link includes:
- Courses you need to graduate
- Courses you can take to fulfill each requirement
- Courses you have finished, courses you’re in now, and courses you have left
- Courses that were fulfilled with transfer credit or external test scores
How do I find my Degree Advice Report?
- Go to bu.edu/studentlink
- Click on Academics, then Academic Advising
- Log in
- Wait a moment – your Degree Advice Reports will take a few moments to load
What do all of the symbols mean?
- Checked-off boxes: courses/requirements you have fulfilled
- “Squiggly” boxes: courses/requirements you are currently working on fulfilling.
Please note that the box will not become a “squiggle” until you’re in the last portion of that requirement! In other words, only when you’re in your 4th and final Level B will the Level B box turn into a “squiggle.”
- Empty boxes: courses/requirements you have not yet fulfilled
- For students entering the School of Management after September 2011: In addition to fulfilling all other degree requirements, students in the School of Management must complete 136.5 credits if they completed SMG SM121/122, or 134.5 credits if they completed SM299.
- When reading your Degree Advice Report, please be aware that there is no corresponding check box for this essential requirement. It is your responsibility to ensure that, in addition to the mandatory coursework, you also accumulate the necessary number of credits in order to graduate.
What if I still have questions about what I’m supposed to take?
- Visit an advisor! The Undergraduate Program Office is staffed with full-time academic advisors who are here to answer your questions and help you plan your path to graduation. The footer of this page contains our contact information.
How can I get my concentrations and/or my minor to show up on my Degree Advice Report?
- Once you declare your concentration(s) and/or minor(s) using the Concentration and Minor Form, you should see them appear on your Degree Advice Report within a few business days. Dual Degrees will appear as an entirely separate Degree Advice Report. For more information on Minors and Concentrations, please see the links below.
What if something doesn’t look right?
- YOU are in charge of monitoring your record! If something doesn’t look right: tell the UPO! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve any questions and/or discrepancies.
There are several important resources on this website to help you plan your path towards graduation, including:
- Curriculum Overview
- Course Descriptions
- Concentration Requirements
- Elective Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
- Registration Instructions
- a fill-in Course Planning Template