CHINA 2013 PROGRAM: TUITION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
China 2013 Summer Tuition and Fees are paid directly to Boston University School of Management. Payment must be in US Dollars.
The three payment methods listed below are for summer payment only. Click here for more information about the payment procedures for the $1,000 deposit and the fall/spring semester tuition and fees.
Tuition and Fees
|Tuition for 22 MBA Credits||$29,150|
|Books and Materials||$ 900|
|Room & Board||$ 6,307|
|Field Activities||$ 1,300|
Medical Insurance Requirement
Proof of medical insurance coverage for the entire summer semester is required. Boston University offers two student insurance plans through Aetna Student Health for the IMBA Program in China for students who don’t have comparable coverage. If you choose to purchase the BU plan, complete and submit the 2013 BU Student Medical Insurance SUMMER Enrollment Request.
Please do not include the medical insurance fees with your summer program payment. You will be billed separately through your Student Account, which is also where you will see all your tuition and fees for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- US $570 BU Medical Insurance Basic Plan (summer only – 10 May – 22 August)
- US $780 BU Medical Insurance Plus Plan (summer only – 10 May – 22 August)
- US $1,290 BU Medical Insurance to add Spouse (summer only – 10 May – 22 August)
- US $705 BU Medical Insurance to add Child(ren) (summer only – 10 May – 22 August)
Estimated Summer Expenses NOT covered by the tuition and fees*
- US $2,000 Flight to China – approximate round-trip economy class airfare (Boston – Beijing and Shanghai – Boston)
- US $2,500 – $3,500 Personal/Daily Expenses – meals in Shanghai are not included in the program room & board fee.
- US $1,000 - $1500 Travel Expenses – estimated expense for weekend and program break travel and sightseeing; transportation from Shanghai to Beijing are not included in program fees
(5-hour high speed train from Shanghai to Beijing First Class is approximately 1,000 RMB)
* Depending on your lifestyle and goals for the summer, your budget for travel, entertainment, food and shopping may vary from the estimate listed here.
1. CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
Please make check or money order out to “Boston University” and be sure to include that the check is for the “International MBA Program” and also include your name, and BU ID #.
Mail check or money order payments to:
IMBA Program Assistant Director
Boston University, School of Management
International MBA, Room 106
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
2. WIRE TRANSFER
When sending a wire transfer, please include a memo that includes your name and BU ID # and is sent to “Attn: SMG International MBA Program”.
If this information isn’t included, the funds may not be properly credited to your account.
Transfer funds to:
1 Citizens Drive
Riverside, RI 02915
Acct Name: Trustees of Boston University
Acct #: 110780-798-8
Bank ABA #: 011500120
Swift Code: CTZIUS33
3. FINANCIAL AID / LOANS
If you are using financial aid or loans to cover your summer tuition and fees, be sure to review the application information in your Admissions acceptance packet. You should also:
2. Contact Asst. Director Jen Duclos in the IMBA office to request a deadline extension.
Financial aid is credited to your student account during the summer. Typically the first half is ready by early June and the second half by late July. When the funds are available in your student account, the IMBA offfice will request that they be transferred to the School of Management.