Leadership and Organizational Transformation Concentration
The concentration in Leadership and Organizational Transformation will provide students with the opportunity to develop the essential knowledge and skills required of those who want to lead and/or facilitate successful change or transformation in individuals, groups, and/or organizations. Some concentrations prepare students to be experts in a particular content area; this concentration helps students to become skilled at the process of designing and implementing change.
The requirements for the Leadership and Organizational Transformation concentration are as follows:
MBA Core (1):
The following course is part of the MBA core and is also required for the Leadership and Organizational Transformation Concentration:
- OB712/713 Managing Organizations and People
Required Courses (2 of the following 3):
Developing Self-Awareness and Emotional Competence
- OB844 Managing Organizational Change
- OB848 The Leadership Challenge
- OB853 Negotiations
Elective Courses (2):
Students must take the equivalent of two full semester courses selected from the comprehensive list below, as outlined. Students who take all three of the courses listed above may count one of those toward their two electives.
Leading Change and Transformation in Groups and Organizations (pick 2 of 6)*
(The required elective that is not chosen above, can be chosen here.)
- OB815 Career Management & Work-Life Integration
- OB830 Leading the Mission Driven Organization
- OB835 Leading Sustainable Enterprises
- OB840 Management Consulting Field Project
- OB847 Leading High Performance Teams and Project Groups
- OB860 Managerial Decision Making
*OR select one (1) course from the list of OB electives above and one (1) course from the following:
- OM840 Managing and Improving Quality: Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- OM855 Project Management
- MK857 Service Marketing Management
- PL850 Social Entrepreneurship
- PL864 Managing Political, Economic, Social, Technology and Country Risks
- SI830 Corporate Strategies for Growth
- SI839 Design and Innovation Strategy
- SI859 Strategy Implementation
Leadership and Organizational Transformation Applications should be submitted to the Graduate Programs Office.
For questions regarding the Leadership and Organizational Change concentration, please contact Kathy Kram, The Shipley Professor in Management, Organizational Behavior Department, 353-4269, firstname.lastname@example.org.