Board Fellows Program
BU on Board is an MBA Board Fellows program run cooperatively by Net Impact and the Public and Nonprofit Management Club at the Boston University School of Management. The program seeks to develop new leaders in the nonprofit sector while bringing fresh talent and perspectives to nonprofit boards.
Board Fellows will be active participants on their nonprofit boards, getting involved with committees and relevant projects. The program brings business skills to nonprofits and allows nonprofits to cultivate potential new board members, while exposing MBA students to nonprofit management and governance in practice.
Nationally, Net Impact has found that organizations that participate in Board Fellows:
- Bring new perspectives into their organization
- Receive high-quality assistance on projects requiring business skills
- Support the professional development of emerging nonprofit leaders
- Engage volunteers in their organization’s work
- Cultivate potential new board members
BU on Board seeks partner organizations that will:
- Host a pair of MBA Board Fellows from January-December 2013
- Welcome the Board Fellows into board meetings and committee meetings as appropriate
- Designate a board mentor who will advise, mentor, and assist Fellows in identifying a project that will contribute to the organization.
BU on Board seeks BU MBA’s who are interested in being a member of BU on Board’s inaugural class of Board Fellows from January – December 2013. We are also seeking 1st year MBA’s who are interested in leading and growing BU on Board next year.
Please contact the organizing committee- information below- for an application or if you have any questions.
Questions? Email the BU on Board Committee: