The Health Services Management Association is dedicated to representing, educating, and promoting the interests of all students focused on careers in the health services industry. Our goal is to provide a forum for focused professional career development, exposure and access to industry professionals and alumni, along with a strong community voice for the needs of our members.
BU’s Health Services Management Association is open to all students with an interest in healthcare, not just those pursuing MBA’s in Health Sector Management. Our members have diverse backgrounds and interests including:
- Hospital and Health Systems Administration
- Healthcare Consulting
- Healthcare Public Policy
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Health Insurance
We sponsor speakers and panels, alumni events, mentorship programs, professional development and other social gatherings in order to help launch members’ professional careers and networks. We also work closely with the Bio Business Organization to sponsor events that involve a broad array of health sector issues.
Visit our Facebook page and become a member: BU HSM Community
Hospital and Health Center Tours
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
- Dorchester House Multi-Service Center
- “Disruptive Innovation in Healthcare” with Dr. Andrew Sussman (President of CVS MinuteClinic)
- “Health Sector in Transition: Evolution or Revolution?” with Dr. Gary Gottlieb (President and CEO of Partners HealthCare)
- Alumni panel and reception
- Internship planning session
- Speed networking
- “Rolodex” job search intensive
- ACHE career development panel
- IHI workshops
Mixers, student and faculty speakers, charity walks, and more.
New Leadership Team:
We Want You!
…to lead the Health Services Management Association!
The HSMA will soon be accepting applications for 1st year representative positions. Come lead this active and growing student organization – we have exciting plans for the coming academic year! Benefits of leading the organization include:
- Hands-on leadership experience
- Networking opportunities with alums, current and prospective students, and area executives
- Opportunities to create and organize unique and valuable events
- Friends with similar career interests
- A connection with BU’s wider health sector community
- The chance to leave a legacy at the school
If you have any further questions about the club or the roles, please email Junaid Sheikh at firstname.lastname@example.org.